Health is considered as one of the most precious thing and the best way to be healthy is to be happy, practice good habits, and maintain a healthy regular routine and a healthy way of thought. Focus on making the healthy choice in any given moment, rather than looking at all the things you must do in the long term. Here are some useful tips to make you fit and healthy.
Sleep Well and Avoid Stress
1. You might heard of this nursery rhyme – ‘Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise’. Maintain a healthy routine after waking up early so as to perform the right time and ensure good health. Avoid eating a significant meal for at least two hours before bed. But if you are hungry at night, you don’t need to deny yourself some healthy snack. The key point though is to not eat a lot right before bed.
2. You should try to avoid anxiety and stressful conditions. Stress and anxiety is linked to many other health risks. So keep them away from you. Get organized and set priorities, write them down and try to meet deadlines. Whenever you feel stressed, take a break and spend time in nature. Learn to say “no” and try avoid people who cause you the most stress.
Practice good Hygiene
3. Take care of your living space, open windows to air out your house. Avoid of “stale” and stuffy interior air. Too high level of Carbon Dioxide indoors may cause occupants to grow drowsy, get headaches, or function at lower activity levels.
4. Shower every day and use antiseptic soap or liquid gel to wash your hands before eating and after going to the bathroom.
5. Regular cleaning of the tongue to remove extra coatings is necessary for oral hygiene.
6. Brush your teeth after every meal, at least two times – in morning and at night before going to bed. Toothbrush with soft, rounded bristles is best. Brush the teeth for at least two minutes. Floss regularly between the teeth and use a fluoride toothpaste or baking soda. Replace your toothbrush every three months. Also, do not forget that regular cleaning of the tongue to remove extra coatings is necessary for oral hygiene.
7. Do not use your nails, toothpicks or other pointed things to clean the teeth because it can wear away the gums resulting in complete exposure of teeth.
8. Breathe from the nostrils and not the mouth. Your nose is lined with small hairs that help filter the air. The air is warmed and moistened in the nose. Breathing from the mouth dries the pharynx, resulting in a dry cough and the formation of mucous.
9. Take a well balanced nutritious diet containing all minerals, vitamins, proteins, carbohydrates, fats and water in the requisite proportions. Plan meal plan for your week, so you know exactly what to buy at the grocery store.
10. Never eat food while under stress, strain or worry as it hinders the digestive process. Avoid any other simultaneous activity as this forces the heart to pump more blood, showing down digestion and leading to various ailments including indigestion. Thus, you should avoid reading or studying while eating.
11. You sometimes tempted to over eat your favorite tasty foods. Avoid this as it distends the abdomen and leaves no space for water and air.
12. Staying hydrated is one of the most important things you can do for your health. All fluids from food counts, but of course, water is the best. Try to keep water on hand at all times and sip it throughout the day. Drink green tea, as it is one of the most healthy things you can add to your lifestyle, plus it’s delicious.
13. Veggies are your best friend. Add a serving of vegetables to each meal. Try to get a variety of veggies in your diet, and make sure to include leafy greens like spinach as well as cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.